Author Topic: BHS Demons Trap Team  (Read 1061 times)

Offline mudbrook

• Administrator
  • WiOutdoor.com
    • View Profile
    • WisconsinOutdoor.com
BHS Demons Trap Team
« on: August 02, 2010, 12:02:42 PM »
BHS Demons Trap Team

Hello Folks!

Well, the BHS Demons Trap Shooting Team recently competed at the Scholastic Clay Target Programs (SCTP) National Competition down in Sparta  Ill.. 42 of our 70 youth roster made the annual trek this year....the most ever from Burlington!
The temperatures were hot hot & HOT....and as were the Demon Shooters! With temps reaching the 104 degree mark (with the heat index it was 118), it took all we could do to keep our shooters cooled down.
I would like to let all our shooters know that I am very proud of how they handled themselves again this year at the National Competition both on the range and off! The athletes and parents alike really seemed to enjoy themselves and many personal bests were achieved this past weekend. We have a core group of parents and families that I would not change for anything......my hats off to you all for helping make our season one to remember!

Many Demons shot their first 25 straights, several shot their first 50 straights, a couple 75 straights and Ethan Kerr with yet another 100 STRAIGHT this year!!!!

Again, great job to all and congratulations on another great season!!

Below are the results of our shooters. Anyone can get the complete results by visiting the SSSF Website (Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation). Go to "scores" and click on the drop box "trap".....and then "show me the scores".

Our Top Shooter....ETHAN KERR (197/200)!!  Followed closely behind by Christian Jensen (195/200), Taylor Kojis (194/200), Jordan Hintz & Josh Criscimagna (193/200)!!!

Varsity
Finishing 7th in High Schools, 26th overall.....(939) Kyle Rowntree, Ethan Kerr, Taylor Kojis, Sam Kafura, Brian Sommers
Finishing 16th in High Schools, 47th overall...(908) Mathew Henningfield, Ryan Schweiger, Josh Criscimagna, Devon Stickrod, Hunter Wondrash
Finishing 22nd in High Schools, 54th overall..(898) Peter DeRosier, Jessie Lewin, Cody Kruesel, Logan Zortman, Kole Albrecht

JV
Finishing 13th in High Schools, 10th overall....(919) Christian Jensen, Gunnar Knight, Jordan Hintz, John Kaminskis, Cody Schilz
Finishing 37th in High Schools, 28th overall....(852) Kaitlyn Gaethke, Myles Walker, Nick Jozwowski, Matt Rezek, Brent DeBruine

Intermediate Advance
Finishing 21st....(804) Ali Knight, Clayton DeFord, Mariah Kerr, Cody Jensen, Anna Sommers

Intermediate Entry
Finishing 7th......(897) Conor Schultz, Ben Geiger, Alex Fennig, Cody Joerndt, Alexa McCarthy

Rookie
Finishing 5th......(789) Cody McCarthy, Jarod Hahn, Hunter Conrad, Ethan Jensen, Weston Uhlenhake

Varsity Skeet
Finishing 15th in High Schools......Adam Tuinstra, Sam Kafura, Hunter Wondrash

On a side note.......Jordan Hintz was the sub-junior runner up in Singles Competition, Champion in Doubles Competition and Champion in Handicap Competition at the Wisconsin ATA's State shoot the prior weekend!  Christian Jensen was also the Zone Champion in Class C competition!!

The Demons will be sponsoring a Trap Team Fundraiser Shoot on Sunday, August 15th from 10:00am - 3:30pm. The public is invited and we welcome all donations for our next season's team!!

Thank you for another great season!

In case I forgot to add this in......
This was the first year the SCTP had a coaches shoot to represent the States and programs. Mike Kafura from Burlington (an assistant coach) took 3rd place in the 100 target coaches shootout down in Sparta. Mike shot a 99/100 to win the trophy for Wisconsin!!

Again, great job to Mike!!

Respectfully Submitted,

Tom Wondrash
Head Coach B.H.S. Demons Trap Team
SCTP State Advisor
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 12:04:46 PM by mudbrook »
Get the latest Updates via Email from WisconsinOutdoor.com Click HERE
http://feeds.feedburner.com/wisconsinoutdoor/pVrb

Google
Web http://www.wisconsinoutdoor.com