Author Topic: Sherwood Forest Jubilee shoot  (Read 1194 times)

Offline Rancid Crabtree

• Happy to be here
    • View Profile
Sherwood Forest Jubilee shoot
« on: August 25, 2007, 07:50:31 PM »
Well, day one of the Sherwood Forest Jubilee shoot is in the books and day two is tomorrow (Sunday the 26th). I volunteered to work on the kitchen/food staff. I got to the club house this morning at 0:dark 30 to get the fire going. This fire pit is where all of the day’s food would be cooked. We used oak so everything had a nice smokey flavor.

We start with made to order breakfasts bright and early because some folks camp on sight. We served 43 breakfasts that included Eggs, Toast, Bacon, Sausage, Hashbrowns, Pancakes and French toast, We also offered Pastries coffee, juice and milk.

Shooters began arriving before the 8:00 am to hit the course.

While they were shooting, we finished breakfast and switched right into lunch mode. We served a chicken dinner with Potato salad, beans and rolls. We also cooked burgers, fries, brats and hotdogs.

Here is some of our team

I got to know the deep fry machine very well. Fries were a hit with the crowd.

Day one saw 132 shooters and tomorrow (Sunday) normally brings around 200 more. We even had 3 crossbow shooter on the course.

Here is a pic of some club members from back in 1953. I wonder what they would think if they came back now?

Any day in the woods is a good day.

Google
Web http://www.wisconsinoutdoor.com