Author Topic: Arboretum exhibit features "Painting on Conservancy Lands"  (Read 912 times)

Offline mudbrook

• Administrator
  • WiOutdoor.com
    • View Profile
    • WisconsinOutdoor.com
Arboretum exhibit features "Painting on Conservancy Lands"
« on: September 07, 2007, 07:23:28 PM »
Arboretum exhibit features "Painting on Conservancy Lands"

Seymour, Wisconsin artist Marsha Tuchscherer interprets and celebrates the natural beauty of two Wisconsin conservancy lands -- Toft Point in Door County on Lake Michigan and the Pictured Rocks National Seashore on Lake Superior -- with vivid and evocative oil paintings.

Her exhibit, "Painting on Conservancy Lands," will be in the Arboretum Visitor Center's Steinhauer Trust Gallery from September 2 through October 30.

"It is my hope that this exhibition will acquaint viewers with these two conservation land and lake areas of great beauty and give those who know the areas a fresh view," says Tuchscherer.

Working on site, she uses both gouache and oils to catch the here-and-now of nature.

She was selected as a national parks artist-in-residence at Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, Munising, Michigan. Recalling the experience Tuchscherer says, "I found that the worst weather -- windy, spitting snow, a storm crossing the lake - was the best for painting the action of nature.

"I saw the power and fast-changing of the color of that deep lake and the smashing of the waves at the lighthouse seawall. Many times I had to find shelter behind the dunes or hold back my easel with one hand while I painted with the other."
Tuchscherer, currently art director in the Office of Public Affairs of Lawrence University, Appleton, has exhibited throughout the United States. She has received a variety of fellowships and awards and is represented by Edgewood Orchard Galleries in Fish Creek, Wisconsin.

The Steinhauer Gallery has a two-fold purpose -- to celebrate Wisconsin's natural heritage and the human connection to the land through the visual arts, and to showcase the creativity and talent of artists who draw their inspiration from nature. Most items on exhibit are for sale. Those interested in purchasing are asked to contact the artist. Profits from sales support Arboretum projects.
Get the latest Updates via Email from WisconsinOutdoor.com Click HERE
http://feeds.feedburner.com/wisconsinoutdoor/pVrb

Google
Web http://www.wisconsinoutdoor.com