Author Topic: Lake Michigan  (Read 1166 times)

Offline Bukmastr

• Hunt like a BEAST huntingbeast.com
    • View Profile
Lake Michigan
« on: June 05, 2010, 08:09:33 AM »
Last fall I had a big buck contest and one of the sponsors to this contest was Adrenalin fishing charters. I was excited to have them donate a lake michigan salmon fishing trip because I know Gerry and Russ always do whatever it takes to get on fish. They are diehards!
 One of the winners to the contest was Robert Richer who chose to bring his son Nick. Robert warned us that he gets sea sick but hoped to make a go of it anyway.  Our other winner, "Hill hunter" could not make the trip due to family obligations.
 We finally got to go on the trip yesterday. We went out of the Racine WI port. Adrenalin uses several different ports depending on where the fish are hitting best. We got an early start getting out at sunrise.

The water was a little rough. It did not take long before a big king salmon hit a deep bait. Nick got 1st go, and him and his father Robert took turns fighting the aggressive fighter.

The next fish was a Coho, I took the fish cause Nick was starting to feel ill.
  Unfortunately they decided to go in. Can't blame them. Fishing is supposed to be fun. Me and Carol had taken dramamine before the trip and were fine. When the lake gets rough sometimes it has that effect.
 We went to port and took some pictures..

Russ glanced over at me and said you guys drove a long way to get here, you wanna go back out?  Heck yea we want to go back out was my reply!  We said our fairwells to Robert and Nick and headed back out.
 I was really appreciative of Russ and Gerry wanting to get back on the water, most captains won't do that cause of the expense and time of porting.

At 1st the fish were a bit slow, and not as many were showing up on the graphics. They had moved since the last outing Adrenalin had done.
So Gerry worked hard on trying different colors and presentations while Russ phoned and radioed some contacts that told him the fish had moved out to deeper water, a hunch that the team already had..  We started heading out deeper and a couple of the newer presentations started hitting and we started catching fish. Gerry and Russ worked hard to change over all the rods to whatever was hitting the best. The more they worked the better the fishing got, and soon there were multiple rods going at once. We had no time limiting out and everybody had a blast.
Past charter trips with other outfits I have been on seemed more like a boat trip. Adenalin really worked to get us on the fish. I would recommend them to anyone wanting to get into some great action on Lake Michigan.

www.adrenalinfishingcharters.com

Dan Infalt
Big buck serial killer
www.HUNTINGBEAST.com

Google
Web http://www.wisconsinoutdoor.com