Author Topic: Lake Geneva fishing report 6/6/10 - 6/13/10  (Read 888 times)

Offline mudbrook

• Administrator
  • WiOutdoor.com
    • View Profile
    • WisconsinOutdoor.com
Lake Geneva fishing report 6/6/10 - 6/13/10
« on: June 08, 2010, 09:12:50 AM »
Lake Geneva fishing report 6/6/10 - 6/13/10

Lake Geneva has been pretty good for this time of year. I?m having a hard time getting a consistent pattern, the tried and true locations over my guiding career aren?t producing well, so we?re moving around more than we?d like but we are finding some fish. If you want to fish a bunch of fish, it hasn?t been a problem but saying you want to catch numbers of smallmouth and largemouth only could prove difficult.

Smallmouth bass are done spawning. The smallies I?ve been catching have been in the 12-15 ft depth range close to the typical spawning flats. I?ve been either catching them on 4 inch green pumpkin worm fished wacky style, or Carolina rigging a 5 inch green pumpkin lizard. The best location has been by Black Point or by Belvidere Park.

Largemouth bass are starting to move to the mid depth weeds in the 12-15 ft range. The best location has been by Big Foot Beach or in Geneva Bay. The best lure has been Carolina rigging a 5 inch green pumpkin lizard or using a 4 inch worm on a shaky head jig. I have been catching a few fish on split shot rigged nightcrawlers, but the problem is the over abundance or rock bass.

Rock bass continue to be all over the lake. They are very easy to catch using a nightcrawler on a split shot. The best depth is 10-12 ft of water. The highest concentration of fish that I?ve found was by Belvidere Park.

Bluegills are still in the shallows in 3-4 ft of water. Look for the fish in Geneva Bay or in Williams Bay. The best presentation is a small bobber fished with a leaf worm. Within the next few days, the bluegills will finish spawning and move out to the deeper waters.

Northern Pike remain active in the shallows. Last week, I had two or three grab little rock bass as they were being reeled in. The best depth is 8-10 ft of water with scattered weeds. The best location is by Linn Pier or by Knollwood. Use chrome/blue or chrome/black jerk baits or the tried and true white spinner bait.

Good luck and I hope to see you on the water. For guide parties, please call Dave Duwe at 608-883-2050

Get the latest Updates via Email from WisconsinOutdoor.com Click HERE
http://feeds.feedburner.com/wisconsinoutdoor/pVrb

Google
Web http://www.wisconsinoutdoor.com