Author Topic: Eastern U.P. trail update report 1.8.10  (Read 2761 times)

Offline mudbrook

• Administrator
  • WiOutdoor.com
    • View Profile
    • WisconsinOutdoor.com
Eastern U.P. trail update report 1.8.10
« on: December 03, 2007, 05:05:25 PM »
Benzie Area -  Conditions: Good To Excellent Updated: 01 / 07 By: Benzie Bureau
Trail Report: Benzie-Manistee Snowmobile Club - 01/07 There's 11-14 inches ground cover on north end, with 4 of it being ice and 4 being snow; excellent condition but icy. On the South end we have 6-8 inches ground, base 4 inches ice 2 in snow 1/4 inch ice, excellent condition. Bear Lake loop will NOT be groomed. Will report when that resumes. The trail on Highbridge Rd. from Old House Rd into the woods on River Rd is mogulley. Slow going there. The trails are ICED over. We had our first casuality. So REMEMBER RIDE FOR THE CONDITIONS, SLOW DOWN!!!! Don't forget our Snowmobile Safety class next Saturday; plan to join us ages 12 and up or just refresh you it's FREE. Because of the safety class being at the Club House, we will have an open house at the Old House Road, Sat from 11 - 4pm. Come and join in the fun. Weather forecast is for 1-3 inches the next 48 hours , temps in 20's to teens, winds are drifting the snow. All lake effect. Dry and fluffy. Ray Bradley is 2009 Groomer of the year. Way to go Ray!! We wish you all a Happy New Year. Ski slopes are open and ready for your arrival. Hope your sleds are tuned up gassed up and ready for the snowmobile season. Support your winter sport don't forget to buy your trail permit for 2010 season here. We sell permits through our members or at local merchants in this area and remember to get our trail map. More info on our web about who to contact www.benziemanisteesnowbirds.com BENZIE BUREAU - 01/04 Hi all! Happy NEW YEAR! Well we have been pounded the last few days! We have gotten anywhere from 6 - 12 inches PLUS! Lots of fluff though and some wind so you are seeing deep deep snow in some spots with drifing. Base is holding up under several inches of fluff. Its a bit warmer wetter snow coming down today which should help pack the fluff down some. Groomers are out but the Bear Lake loop is not being groomed for the moment, when I hear that resumes, I'll let ya know. Remember the groomers are volunteers out there for you, so if ya see one, get outta their way and give them a thumbs up. Grooming is done 4 days a week, by 3 groomers at different parts of the trail every Mon, Wed, Fri, and Sat. nights, plus "as needed". FYI - Snowmobile Safety class at the Snowbirds Clubhouse is coming up this Saturday, January 9, 2010, 8am start, ages 12 and up. Free, & Lunch is provided. So, drop me a note that you are out there! I love hearing your stories and reports! This report is all of us working it together! BE SAFE, BE SMART, and I'll SEEYA on the trails! Carol B -- Benzie Bureau --- Complete Report --- More Report Links
Boyne Area - Conditions: Good Updated: 01 / 07 By: Mountainside Inn
Trail Report: Petoskey Snowmobile Club - 01/07 Current Trail Conditions: Good to Excellent No real accumulation of snow over the past couple days but temps have been staying cold so the snow we have is not going anywhere. I haven't had a report from the groomer operators in a while so I can't give you an up-to-the-minute report but I know the groomers have been going out nightly so the trails must be in great shape. I'll see if I can get an update from our groomers later today. See our trail map at http://www.petoskeysnowmobileclub.org Mancelona Trail Report Jordan Valley Trails Council Updated: 01/06/10 Current Trail Conditions: Fair The trails are a bit tan.no new snow,heavy w/e traffic , and daily grooming are all takeing a toll.The grooming cuts have to be light because of the thin,dirty snow,so all of the holes and corners just cant be fixed.The blue bear groomer is in Lake Cioty being repaired and is expected to be back in service by the w/eThe cranberry groomer (jd 7730) will be doing double duty on the blue bear untill then. --- Complete Report
Cadillac / Baldwin Area - Conditions: Good Updated: 01 / 08 By: Wolf Lake Motel and Resort
Latest Snow: We did get two or three inches, with a couple more forecasted. -- Trail Report:   Hi Everyone, we did get two to three inches of fresh snow last night and yesterday, with a couple more forecasted for today on top of the already smooth trails. Irons, Wellston, Baldwin, Benzie/Manistee, White Pine and Cadillac groomers have been out grooming and trails are rated as fair to good to very good depending on the area. Riding this whole week has been very good with light, to no traffic and big smiles everywhere, except for the east side of 344 was rough yesterday, (sorry Randy), BUT IT WILL BE GROOMED AGAIN TODAY 1-8-10 as per IATA grooming coordinator. One thing that is nice around here, we are in the middle of 6 different grooming clubs, (which we are members of 4), if one isn't grooming, one of the other Clubs are grooming and we have maps right in the Office. I finally got the Arctic Cat back, so I'm racking up the miles again, 100 last night and only seen 6 sleds and smooth trails through out. We did have a cancellation for this weekend, so call 231 745 4101 to get it reserved. There will be some ice and snirt out on the trail in the curves from all of the heavy traffic from last weekend, so slow down and enjoy yourself. If you don't have a snowmobile or yours is broken, no problem, WE HAVE ON-SITE SNOWMOBILE RENTALS right here at the Resort. Most county roads are snow covered, so getting fuel or food shouldn't be a problem xecept right in the little Village of Baldwin, south of us. There is tons of snow in the woods, so two tracken and seasonal roads are a blast right now. (Which there are tons of). THE LAKES ARE NOT SAFE YET.

Rooms and ON_SITE Snowmobile Rentals are available.

We are members of the Cycle Conservation Club of Michigan, Baldwin Trailriders Snowmobile Club, Benzie/Manistee Snowbirds Snowmobile Club, Irons Area Tourist Association Snowmobile Club, Wellston Area Recreation and Tourist Bureau Snowmobile Club, Lake County ORV Club and the Michigan Snowmobile Association, which are the local grooming clubs. I can not thank these guys and gals enough, they do a lot of work for free, so we all can enjoy this sport. I would only think that if someone is complaining about a bumpy trail on Saturday afternoon, come to a couple club meetings and see just what these people do. They would never complain again. Thank you again. Check out the WOLFCAM for the snow totals.

Visit our ATV & SNOW REPORT

Here is a list of the snowmobile trails in this area, are you ready? The Baldwin trails go south from here for 146 miles to Newago, Irons trails wrap around Wolf Lake and then heads north for 122 miles and connects to Cadillac and Wellston trails, Cadillac trails connect into the Irons and Wellston trails all the way to Cadillac, then south to Leroy, they groom 124 miles. Wellston trails connect to Cadillac to the east, Benzie/Manistee trails and Irons trails to the north and west to Stronach for 68 miles, Pere Marquette trail connects to The Baldwin trail and all the way to Evart and up to Leroy to the Cadillac trail system for 144 miles, the south Pere Marquette trail runs to Grand Rapids I think about 140 miles. The Benzie/Manistee trails run north of the Wellston trail all the way to the Empire Airport on the Bear lake and Platte river trails another 150 miles I think. Let's total this up, 146 + 122 + 124 + 68 + 144 + 140 + 150 = 894 in groomed connecting trails just in this area alone and we are right in the middle of them. I don't know about you but that's a ton of riding. Now there is more trails to get to, but that would be just over kill and this is not even counting all of the two tracks and seasonal roads that you can ride. Why spent an extra $200 to $300 in fuel to get to Gaylord or the UP when we have fantastic riding right here and spend that money on snowmobile fuel.

We have two bedroom lake front rooms with full kitchens, living rooms with a sofa sleeper, (sleeps 6), double lake front rooms with a queen and full beds and a kitchenette (sleeps 4). Double motel rooms with two double beds and a mini fridge, (sleeps 4) and single motel rooms with one full bed, (sleeps 2) and a large Bunk House which has two bed rooms with queen bunk beds and a queen sofa sleeper, (sleeps Ten), full kitchen, full living room, a bar and a fireplace. We have something for everyone.

Call 231 745 4101 8am until 10pm. See ya soon on the trails. --- Complete Report --- More Report Links
Cadillac Area - Conditions: Good Updated: 01 / 03 By: Cadillac Trails
Trail Report: FROM THE CADILLAC WINTER PROMOTIONS Sunday 3:30 p.m.--January 3, 2010 The lake-effect storm missed us this time. We got a light snow most all weekend but no great accumulation. We have cold temperatures and light snow forecasted nearly every day this week meaning ideal grooming and sledding conditions if those conditions come to fruition. The trails remain in great shape. The guys and gals (yes, we have two lady groomers) are out there every day and night working hard to keep our trail system in top-notch shape for your safety and enjoyment. Snow guage*: 10 inches WOLF LAKE MOTEL AND RESORT January 3 Hi Everyone, THIS SURE WAS A BUSY WEEKEND. All of our guest that were riding this Holiday Weekend were very pleased with the trail conditions, but all noted how busy the trails were. They also noted how good the trails were, even with all the traffic and seen groomers running through out the whole weekend. More snow would be nice, but conditions are still good to very good depending on the area. LES snow is forecasted for the next 5 days, so conditions are going to just get better and better. But again with any forecast, I believe it when I see it. All the weekend warriors are heading home, so this will make for some sweet riding this up coming week, with light to no traffic. That is what is nice around here, we are in the middle of 6 different grooming clubs, (which we are members of 4), if one isn?t grooming, one of the other Clubs are grooming. There will be some ice and snirt out on the trail in the curves from all the weekend traffic, so slow down and enjoy yourself. Most county roads are snow covered, so getting fuel or food shouldn?t be a problem. There is tons of snow in the woods, so two tracken and seasonal roads are a blast right now. (Which there are tons of). THE LAKES ARE NOT SAFE YET. --- Complete Report
Cheboygan Area - Conditions: Good To Excellent Updated: 12 / 24 By: Cheboygan Chamber
Latest Snow: 6-8 -- Trail Report: Trails are great! Perfect for riding. 11-mile stretch along the west side of Mullett Lake has been opened for snowmobiling, although there are some restrictions! Visit www.michigan.gov/dnr to learn more! The Cheboygan Trail Blazers worked hard to get the trails ready for snow and they are looking good. Don't forget that there are now trails into Downtown Cheboygan from the DNR trail - stop in to Shop, Dine, & Unwind! **LODGING, FOOD AND GAS ARE AVAILABLE ALONG THE CHEBOYGAN COUNTY SNOWMOBILE TRAILS. LOOK UP www.cheboygan.com. FOR COMPLETE SNOWMOBILE TRAIL INFORMATION INCLUDING MAPS TO GET YOU TO THE LODGING, FOOD AND GAS. --- Complete Report --- More Report Links
Clare Area - Conditions: Excellent Updated: 01 / 02 By: Crooked Lake Resort
Latest Snow: Lake effect 1= inches -- Trail Report: Trail Report :1/7/2010 Snowing heavy out there .We have about 4 new inch and still falling. snowmobiling this weekend should be excellent. with a good 8 inch base and fresh snow what more could one want. tomorrow I will give you update on how much total snow fell . with pictures My 2 leader Pop bottle on the picnic table has just the rim showing. Stop by and say hi when crousing by the resort. Take care and be safe out there . Remember Reed City has a speed limit through the town of 35 miles a hour . Watch for deer there a lot of them this year up here. Till the next time. For more information feel free to contact me anytime (989)544-2383- Or (800)328-5094 Ride safe out there and enjoy the snow For Cabin and or snowmobile rentals give us a call. ( 989 ) 544-2383 or (800) 328-5094 We have our sled ready to rent. Feel free to give us a call. If you need Lodging and or sled rentals call (800)328-5094 http://Fun4usonline.com or http:crookedlakeresort.com for Lodging. Our trails are across the road 103 mile of well groomed trails.they connect to the Cadillac trails or Baldwin so there are hundreds of miles to ride. If you want to join my snowmobile report for snowmobiling Email me. Add snow report in the subject line mailto:snowmobiling@fun4usonline.com Visit our place at http://crookedlakeresort.com and we will email you any time there is a change in the weather. For Lodging or sled rentals http://fun4usonline.com For information call (989)544-2383 For reservation call (800)328-5094 -- Photos --- Complete Report
Drummond Island - Conditions: Poor Updated: 01 / 05 By: D.I. Resort
Latest Snow: 1 -- Trail Report: A couple inches of new snow fell overnight. Overall conditions: Poor Groomers are out today, the west side of the island is where you want to stay until we get more snow. Trail 493 is good on the south side, going towards Corn Beef JCT. Trail 493 by Sand Bay has water spots yet. We need snow! --- Complete Report
Gaylord Area - Conditions: Good Updated: 01 / 04 By: Gaylord Home Page
Trail Report: Note: For all the latest reports Click Here Or See Below. Gaylord Trail Report - 01/04 Gaylord Area Snowmobile Trails Council Bitter cold temps are still in our area, which should keep the trails in good condition. We had 3 inches of fresh snow over the weekend, which freshened the trails up. A chance of snow showers in the forecast through Friday. Riders in the area have reported good conditions at this time. Reports are that grooming has been done daily. Snow ranges any where from 10 ? 14 inches in the woods in and around the Gaylord Area. Ray's Retreat Country Inn - 01/02 http://www.visitgaylord.com/raysretreat Bitter cold temps throughout the day. We had 3 inches of fresh snow yesterday which freshened the trails up again. We haven?t gotten alot of snow last few days but always just a few inches to give it a coat of white. Trails have been busy all week. Even with the cold temps there have been many riders today. Those coming in have reported good conditions. No one complaining about rough rides in any directions. Even the trail 7, along Old 27 is looking flat. Groomers have been out every day. Hopefully this next week we?ll be able to get out and ride ourselves and I can give a detailed report from our ride. Ride Safe and Stay Warm. --- Complete Report --- More Report Links
Gaylord Area - Conditions: Good To Excellent Updated: 01 / 07 By: Ray's Retreat Country Inn
Trail Report: After starting the day out taking Sparky to the vet for surgery, we finished breakfast and finally got out on the trail! Fun. We headed out on trail 7 down to Waters to get gassed up. Trail 7 was good, a little rough spots right along where the sledding hill is just before Waters. Then we headed back on trail 7 north to catch trail 4. Rode trail 4 over to The Settings. This entire ride on trails 7 and 4 was excellent conditions. The trails were groomed and smooth. Only 2-3 corners were a bit sloppy. What fun! Any part of the trail that is running along the highway, or crosses alot of roads the trail is 'dirty/snirty' or whatever. Nowhere did we hit any part of the trail that was down to dirt. Plenty of snow. Anywhere it was in the woods or aways off the roads it was white enough you couldn't see exactly where the trail was. Found more snow as we got further west, definitely more snow in Lakes of the North. If you want to enjoy good riding, I recommend this ride. A room just came in and they continued on over to Jordan Valley and say it was great riding all over there too. We'd love to see some of that snow that is downstate, but even without it we had a fun day on the trail. I highly recommend enjoying the trails during the week. Give us a call if you want a good place to stay directly on the trail. If you need a sled to ride, we can help you with that too. We're renting ski doo snowmobiles too. 989-732-2703 or 989-732-4914. -- Photos --- Complete Report --- More Report Links
Gaylord Area - Conditions: Fair To Good Updated: 12 / 09 By: The Waters Inn
Trail Report: SNOW 4-7" today 3-6" Tonight 3-6 Thursday - Still waiting for the first riders of the season! You can always get the REAL picture by looking at our NEW Trail 7 TrailCam at www.TheWatersInn.com/trailcam --- Complete Report --- More Report Links
Grayling - Conditions: Fair To Good Updated: 01 / 07 By: Fay's Motel
Trail Report: Greetings Sledders, Short rendition of the report tonight, I'm a little pooped out and have three consecutive 8 hour grooming days ahead of me. Not that I don't want to share my thoughts with you on various important topics like the Lions, certain medications that are advertised on the tube that we are urged to bug the hell out of our respective doctors about, and Good Lord I can't forget the frieking Scooter Store commercial. Good stuff all but I simply don't want to expound on those things at the moment. GETTING RIGHT TO IT, SANDY'S SPANISH RICE CHICKEN IS JUST ABOUT DONE TRAILS: We currently have the Price group in and they've been reporting great rides all week. The trails are indeed snirty and in my opinion not real pretty to look at but not overly harmful to those parts of the sled we consider expendable. Others like the Meyer's and the Suelzer's are in as well and reporting the same. Not great by any stretch but not poor either. Off trail is pristine. GROOMING: We are business as usual in terms of the schedule. If there's a quantity of snow on the trails that can be bermed or moguled we will do what we do and eliminate those nasty things to the best of our ability. Keep in mind that we are grooming the same stuff for about a month now and it's getting pretty sugary. WEATHER: Nothing great to talk about here. We haven't seen a snowflake hit the ground for a real long time and there's nothing in the forecast save maybe a few inches over the latter part of the weekend. Next report Monday Ride Often and Please Be Safe, Keith, Sandy and The Girls --- Complete Report
Ishpeming Area - Conditions: Excellent Updated: 01 / 04 By: Country Village Resort
Trail Report: 01/04/10 Snowmobiling Update Happy New Year, Hi all. I am back from vacation and ready to get my reports rolling again. We have gotten a good accumulation of snow over the last couple weeks and the weather has been great so I am ready to upgrade the status of the trails to EXCELLENT. Now is the time to ride as the season is still young, there is plenty of new snow and the trails are not congested. Cold and more snow is falling as I type this. Conditions Overall, the trails are in excellent condition. For up to the minute conditions please call toll free 866-875-4312 and ask for an update. Weather: It has been snowing pretty much everyday for the last week. It is now snowing again and it is expected to continue falling all day. temps have remained cold but not uncomfortable. Helpful Links Conditions: http://www.countryvillageresort.com/html/snowmobile_conditions.html Lodging: http://www.countryvillageresort.com/html/lodging.html Specials: http://www.countryvillageresort.com/html/snowmo_specials.html Webcam: http://www.countryvillageresort.com/html/webcam.html Any questions can be directed to me at cvmarketing@charterinternet.com Thanks! --- Complete Report
Keweenaw Peninsula - Conditions: Good To Excellent Updated: 01 / 06 By: Evert's Snowmobile Rentals
Trail Report: The Snow is Deep! Our trails are in Class A condition. We have been under Lake Effect Snows for many days now and its piling up! Groomers are out and Rentals are available! Call for reservations or any questions! Lets Ride! --- Complete Report --- More Report Links
Mancelona Area - Conditions: N/A Updated: 03 / 17 By: Mancelona Motel
Trail Report: It's all over people! I hope you had a chance to have fun in Northern Michigan this winter! We had a great winter! --- Complete Report --- More Report Links
Munising Area - Conditions: Good To Excellent Updated: 01 / 06 By: Kemosabe Cabin Rentals
Trail Report: Temperature is 17 F - It has snowed every day for a week. Our guests report very good conditions on the trails in this area with light traffic. Groomers doing a great job. I rode 70 miles of nothing but gorgeous trail and saw 2 riders last night. Great time to come up. 2 cabins open this weekend - good deals to fill them - 1-800-257-1457 for reservations. -- Photos --- Complete Report --- More Report Links
Newberry - Conditions: Fair To Good Updated: 12 / 29 By: Gateway Motel
Trail Report: Guest that rode to the Falls and then around by Pine Stump reported trails as good with the exception of the section between CR 500 and the Falls. Other guest that rode south said trails were a little on the rough side. Traffic is picking up it seems so hit the trails early.

TASA normally heads out early evening on the North trails and morning on the South trail as it takes longer to groom the South trails. TASA grooms seven days per week weather permitting and no breakdown/problem with groomer(s).

Trail 9 groomed and rated as very good by groomers.

Trail 45 groomed and rated as good by groomers. Logging just before and after the Skyline Road so watch out for those trucks.

Trail 2/473-Groomed and rated as fair. Logging for about a seven mile stretch south of Rexton. Watch for the groomer during the day and also logging trucks and deer.

--- Complete Report
Newberry - Conditions: Good Updated: 01 / 02 By: Halfway Lake Resort
Trail Report: It has been snowing again and the snow gauge now reads a 16" plus base in the woods, and it's still snowing. The traffic is low keeping the trails safe and in great shape. Few people and the groomers are out a good reciepe for a terrific ride. Call for a special rate for the next 10 days. Delain --- Complete Report
Newberry - Conditions: Good Updated: 01 / 07 By: Visit Newberry
Trail Report: Here are the latest reports that we have: TASA - January 7, 2010 8:00 a.m. We did not have any snow overnight but the trails are still in good shape. Trail #9 south to Hemlock Ridge road (trail 2) has a 1 -4 inch base and is in good condition. Trail #9 north is in great condition. The base is 6 - 8 inches and riders are reporting great conditions and alot of snow on the ground. Trail #45 North is in good shape with a 4-6 inch base, but, there are 2 logging areas on it. One north, and one south, of the Skyline Trail Head. It is plowed and can be rough at times. We were able to groom all the way to the falls and the trail is in very good shape. Trail #2 to Rexton is in good condition with a 1 -3 inch base. Trail #473 has about 7 miles of plowed road from Rexton south to Epoufette due to logging in the area. Please watch for trucks and deer in the area. The base is marginal to 3 inches and in fair condition. Trail #473 Rexton to Trout lake is being groomed up to the power lines, It has a 1 -3 inch base and is in good condition. Groomers attempted to go to Trout Lake but could not due to wet areas. Town trails are open and in great condition with a 2 ? 4 inch base. *Please remember our groomers are out daily to keep the trails in the best shape they can be for your riding pleasure. Please keep a safe distance from the groomer if possible.* We have updated the Newberry Village trail map. There are just a couple of changes from the last map. Look for our upcoming article in the February issue of the Michigan Snowmobiler Magazine. THINK MORE SNOW!!! Sherry --- Complete Report
Ontonagon - Conditions: Good To Excellent Updated: 01 / 04 By: Scott's Superior Inn
Trail Report: WE got both our groomers up and running , and are grooming every night,we've been getting fresh snow every night, and they are calling for snow all week, the only question is "Where's the snowmobilers?" The traffic has dropped off to near zero, I did an informal survey of resorts, and everyone says the traffic is WAY down. So here at Scott's Superior Inn and cabins we are going to give away our lodging for $25 per person per night, to try to convince those of you on the fence ,to give this area a try.We have some of the best trails in the country Check out Scott's Superior Inn and Cabins for lodging, why not stay where the groomer lives. www.westernup.com/scotts --- Complete Report
Sault Ste. Marie - Conditions: Good Updated: 01 / 06 By: Sault Snow Report
Trail Report: All trails are in good to excellent condition except one spot on the Kinross trail and groomers are out daily on the trails as they get used. The trails have very low base which means rocks, dirt, and ice is right below your skis and track. Be on the look out for obstacles at this early point of the season. Cold weather and snow this week will hopefully have that all fixed by this weekend. Register for our Fun Runs & Rally at the end of January and win a 42" plazma TV. Sault Ste. Marie to Brimley, Trail #8 - Base 2-5 inches -Trail is in Good to Excellent Condition. Go with the flow of traffic when crossing the bridge in Brimley. Brimley to Raco, Trail #8 - Base 2-6 inches -Trail is in Good Condition. All wet spots are frozen over. Raco to Naomikong Trail #8 [where Paradise meets us], Trail #8 - Base 3-6 inches - Trail is in Excellent Condition. Plenty of drifts happening in the open areas. Sault Ste. Marie City Trail, Trails #497, #449, parts of #8 & #49 - Base 2-4 inches - Trail is Good Condition. City curfew is from 1am - 6 am. Remember most City streets are open to traffic 20mph, stop at all intersections, and ride the right hand side of street not on side walks or private property. STAY OFF THE PLOWED SIDEWALKS!!!! If you ride on the sidewalks you will be ticketed and your sled confiscated by police. Marquette Street is now closed to snowmobile traffic. Watch for closed streets that are posted, mainly around the hospital, university, and state trunk lines. Sault Ste. Marie to Kinross, Trail #49 - Base 1 - 5 inches - Trail is in Poor to Good Condition and some wet areas and ice chunks between 8 & 9 Mile Rd. When the trail is running along roads make sure you go with the flow of traffic on the right side of the road. The Downtown Trail is CLOSED. Martin Cottle, Grooming Chairman Sault Ste. Marie Snowmobile Association --- Complete Report
St. Ignace - Conditions: Good Updated: 01 / 07 By: Straits Area Snowmobile Club
Trail Report: More of the same around here. Quite thin but ridable for sure, with little sled traffic. The ice base is holding up just fine, and there is between 1"-4" or a little more most everywhere. All of the trails are flat and good riding, and the groomers are reporting no major problems out there. The RR Grade specifically from St. Ignace to Moran is deteriorating however with more and more use, as re really have not seen any new snow in the last week or more. The open areas along the grade have a few more rocks poking through now. These areas are really not that long and are more of a nuisance then a big problem - but I wanted to let you know what to expect. The pipeline section also has some sand mixed in on the trail, but there is plenty of area to ride out there, so again not a big problem, just something to be aware of. There is a poker run, organized by the Driftwood this weekend. Sign up between 8 and 11 at the Driftwood. The Club is having a trail stop on the North end of Trail #473, (Borland Road & Burma Grade) Meet and greet with the groomers with a bonfire, and have snacks and beverages. We will be there from 10-3 for sure. We need more snow, period. For the meantime I am running groomers on a limited basis, keeping things flat for sure, trying to keep the snow on the trail too. We defiantly do not need to run a full schedule without more snow. The forecast for this area does not really look good in that regard: Friday...Cloudy. Light snow showers likely early...then chance of light snow showers in the afternoon. Total daytime snow accumulation up to 1 inch. Highs around 17. North winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 60 percent. Friday Night...Mostly cloudy early then becoming partly cloudy. Chance of flurries. Lows around 4. North winds up to 10 mph. Saturday...Mostly cloudy. Chance of flurries. Highs around 19. West winds up to 10 mph. Saturday Night...Partly cloudy. Lows around 12. Sunday...Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 20s. Sunday Night...Partly cloudy. Lows around 16. Monday...Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of light snow. Highs in the mid 20s. Monday Night...Mostly cloudy. Lows around 13. Tuesday...Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 20s. Tuesday Night...Partly cloudy. Lows around 19. Wednesday...Partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 30s. Things are not perfect, they are quite thin, but trails are perfectly ridable, and you will not be tearing up sleds either. Might as well head tis direction! Stay tuned for more info... -- Neil -vVP Straits Area Snowmobile Club For the latest St. Ignace Reports Click Here --- Complete Report
Traverse City - Conditions: Good To Excellent Updated: 01 / 02 By: Blue Sky Snowmobile Rentals
Trail Report: 6-12 inches of new snow has fallen! The trails have held up well over the busy Holiday week. We have had a bunch of traffic on the Boardman. This new snow is a welcome as the powerlines and busy areas needed a bit of help. We have seen a busy, yet safe, holiday season this year. We want to thank those of you who have come up to snowmobile with us again or as a first timer. We have been getting consistent lake effect snow for the past 24 hours and it continues. This would be a great week to ride as fresh snow keeps falling and the busy tourism week has come to an end. We are offering 48 hour specials on all of our sleds. Come on up and ride ! Ride safe ! Jamie --- Complete Report --- More Report Links
Traverse City - Conditions: Good To Excellent Updated: 01 / 03 By: Snowblitz Snowmobile Rentals
Trail Report: Conditions are excellent, we got a bug dump of heavy snow 2 nights ago and temps have been really cold 8-12deg. Traffic has been high so trails by mid afternoon are getting a bit rough, in and around the Ranch and Fifle Lake. Groomers are going out nightly to knock down bumps. Base is solid and temps are warming up to low 20s. In the woods off the groomed trail snow is a good 2-3ft deep, great powder sledding. So far the outlook couldn't look better. cheers Brett --- Complete Report --- More Report Links
Traverse City - Conditions: Good to Excellent Updated: 01 / 06 By: TC WebCam
Trail Report: Grand Traverse Snowmobile Council Updated: 01/06/2010 Well the trails are in good shape now that we got more snow. The groomers and riders both say the trails are good to excellent. The forecast is a good one for the weekend, should make for some good riding. Early next week it is suppose to warm up, possibly reaching the high 30's, hopefully it won't last long. Get out and ride this weekend and enjoy the beauty of our area. Make sure to watch for groomers we've had a couple of close calls, they are out every day except Sunday. Remember all of our groomer drivers are volunteers so if you get a chance tell them thank you or a thumbs up, it means alot to them to know they are appreciated. Make sure to pick up one of our trail maps, we have some out on the trails in mailboxes at some map board locations and at our map sponsors. Support our sponsors and when you visit one of them tell them thank you for supporting GTASC SnowBlitz Trail Report - 01/03 http://michigansnowmobile.com/snowblitz Conditions are excellent, we got a big dump of heavy snow 2 nights ago and temps have been really cold 8-12deg. Traffic has been high so trails by mid afternoon are getting a bit rough, in and around the Ranch and Fifle Lake. Groomers are going out nightly to knock down bumps. Base is solid and temps are warming up to low 20s. In the woods off the groomed trail snow is a good 2-3ft deep, great powder sledding. So far the outlook couldn?t look better. cheers Brett Blue Sky Snowmobile Rentals - 01/02 http://michigansnowmobile.com/bluesky good base on the Boardman Valley ! 6-12 inches of new snow has fallen! The trails have held up well over the busy Holiday week. We have had a bunch of traffic on the Boardman. This new snow is a welcome as the powerlines and busy areas needed a bit of help. We have seen a busy, yet safe, holiday season this year. We want to thank those of you who have come up to snowmobile with us again or as a first timer. We have been getting consistent lake effect snow for the past 24 hours and it continues. This would be a great week to ride as fresh snow keeps falling and the busy tourism week has come to an end. We are offering 48 hour specials on all of our sleds. Come on up and ride ! Ride safe ! Jamie Jamie --- Complete Report --- More Report Links
Western U.P. - Conditions: Good Updated: 01 / 06 By: Western U.P. Bureau
Trail Report: We're living up to the reason we're called "Big Snow Country." Season Snowfall to date: 93" More in the forecast. All the groomers in all areas are out. Gogebic Range Trail Authority: Grooming is ongoing. 11 N has been double groomed-you'll run into some wetness on the west side going north, but it's marked with signs. NOTE: Watch for Logging Trucks ON 11S-there is a quarter-mile narrow stretch and the Trucks have the Right of Way. Signs are posted in that area...the Trail has been freshly groomed. Trails 2-8 and 160 are all snow covered and groomed. From the Lake Gogebic Area-groomers are out on all trails... everything is freshly groomed and in good shape. IMPORTANT: There are Logging Trucks in the vicinity of the junction of 102 AND 8-W. You MAY NOT ride plowed roads-you MUST observe the snowmobile trail signs. (Have heard they may be issuing tickets.) Stay on the trails and if you see a logging truck, pull over immediately. Watersmeet groomers reporting all trails being groomed daily and good conditions. After two close calls, you need to be aware groomers can be out any time of the day or night, so PLEASE pull over or at least slow down and wait for the operator to signal you by whenever you see them. We want you to have lots of fun and a great time...therefore, your safety is our #1 priority. --- Complete Report
White Pine Trail - Conditions: Good Updated: 01 / 08 By: White Pine Trail Report
Latest Snow: 4" of new snow with good ice base -- Trail Report: Conditions are good here on the White Pine. You should be able to ride from Russel Rd at the Greenville exit off US 131 to Cadillac. Four inches of fresh snow here with more new snow to the south. Snow stopped after midnight so trailering will be good. Warm up next week, get out and ride! The White Pine trail is the former Railroad track stretching from Rockford to Cadillac. Not a challenging trail, but great for families with many towns to visit along the way. --- Complete Report --- More Report Links

http://trailreport.com/cgi-bin/snowmobilet.pl
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 08:36:41 AM by mudbrook »
Get the latest Updates via Email from WisconsinOutdoor.com Click HERE
http://feeds.feedburner.com/wisconsinoutdoor/pVrb

Google
Web http://www.wisconsinoutdoor.com