Author Topic: Last day reflections...  (Read 3517 times)

Offline Bukmastr

• Hunt like a BEAST huntingbeast.com
    • View Profile
Last day reflections...
« on: January 06, 2008, 04:04:46 PM »
I hear allot of talk about hunters waiting for the cold weather to go hunting...  Apparently a lot of folks think in winter you need to hunt in the bitter cold to get movement... But here it is last day and its pretty warm...  I have always felt that there are advantages as to why to hunt every day, and that if hunters get out of certain routines of always hunting the same way, they can start to take advantage of whats going on around them...

Its pretty warm here in S.E. Wisconsin, fog is rising off the ground blocking vision and the snow is soft and quiet as it melts. Perfect day for some bedding area invasions.

I have lost allot of my old hunting places, seems everybody, even friends get wired about big bucks. Especially when you out do them on there own ground. Hunting big bucks really teaches you who your true friends are.. Seems some people are only happy when they are shooting "your" bucks. This year I did not draw any out of state tags. I concentrated mainly on hunting the hill country to work on our next DVD. The area of public near my home has been devastated by the DNR's war on whitetails. As a result, I went my 1st year in over 20 without taking a good buck.

I have been very fortunate in meeting lots of great people on these forums.  Many offers come in from folks who ask me if I would like to come to there ground and hunt with them. I really appreciate the friendships that I have made on the forum the last few years. You Guys treat me better than friends I have had most my life.

I went over to one of my "new" friends ( been asked not to post who he is)ground for a last minute, last chance hunt.
 As expected, no big bucks spotted.. But I could use another big doe, and my friends ground has an abundance...

Check out Dan's Hunting Marsh Bucks DVD http://www.wisconsinoutdoor.com/huntingmarshbucksdvd.htm

Hunting Marsh Bucks DVD
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 02:19:17 PM by mudbrook »
Dan Infalt
Big buck serial killer
www.HUNTINGBEAST.com

Google
Web http://www.wisconsinoutdoor.com