Author Topic: A trip to the Wisconsin Bowhunters Museum  (Read 4417 times)

Offline Rancid Crabtree

• Happy to be here
    • View Profile
A trip to the Wisconsin Bowhunters Museum
« on: February 09, 2008, 10:01:16 PM »
I drove up to Clintonville, WI for the open house held at the WBH museum. It's just getting under way but I can tell they they will soon be out of space.

Immediately upon entering I saw a few Broadhed collectors and we began talking. Then I took a tour of the whole place. There is a lot of neat stuff to see, including the donated collection from the estate of the late ABCC Member Keith Huehnerfuss. There is about 3000 heads in that collection. It is very impressive.

There is also a collection of all the broadheads that were made in Wisconsin with info on the heads maker and location in the state.

There was a lot of really great vintage bowhunting and archery gear from waaay back

Lots of vintage stuff behind the glass from the likes of Bear, Case, Pearson, LaHa, Wiffen, etc. and now even some new replica vintage arrows with a flint knapped and a steel trader point head donated by some guy called Rancid Crabtree.

The broadhead collectors traded heads and planned the WI version of the ABCC member get together. It will be held in two weeks in Hixton

If you have not had a chance to check it out and you are in WI. Make the drive to Clintonville and look around.
Any day in the woods is a good day.

Google
Web http://www.wisconsinoutdoor.com