Author Topic: Favre and Remington Now Teammates  (Read 2215 times)

Offline mudbrook

• Administrator
  • WiOutdoor.com
    • View Profile
    • WisconsinOutdoor.com
Favre and Remington Now Teammates
« on: January 28, 2008, 09:41:05 AM »
Two American Sporting Legends, Favre and Remington, Now Teammates

If ever there was an on-the-field match to the iconic presence that Remington Arms has established in the field it would be Brett Favre. Now the two are teammates. While Brett Favre is known as one of the best quarterbacks of all-time, he's also an avid outdoorsman

Madison, N.C. (PRWEB) January 24, 2008 -- Remington Arms Company Inc., America's oldest gunmaker now in their 192nd year of United States manufacturing, has just announced a multi-year marketing relationship with Favre. The 2007 season marked Favre's astounding 17th year as a pro quarterback, and Brett was recently named Sports Illustrated's Sportsman of the Year. Favre's appeal to America is as much about his profound personal perseverance as it is his ability to put footballs in the hands of receivers, still, Favre makes no secret of the fact that hunting is one of his favorite ways to decompress.

When asked about his idea of the perfect day, Favre said, "If I could squeeze in throwing touchdown passes at a morning practice, lunch with my family and pulling the trigger on a trophy buck at sunset, that would be about as perfect as life can get. And it seems the older I get, the more I treasure the days spent in solitude in the woods. I've already hunted about 20 days this season, so this recent agreement with Remington is pretty special to me."

When you look for sources of pride in today's American culture, Brett is one of them, regardless of your favorite team. And the fact that he shares our passion for getting out in Remington Country sitting in a treestand on his days off or waiting for the next wave of ducks to fly in, says all you need to know about our excitement for having him represent our brand
"Learning that Brett was interested in teaming-up with us provided one of those special moments in our company's long history when you know you've got the perfect person on your side, and subsequently a long-list of reasons to get excited," said E. Scott Blackwell, President of Global Sales and Marketing for Remington. "When you look for sources of pride in today's American culture, Brett is one of them, regardless of your favorite team. And the fact that he shares our passion for getting out in Remington Country sitting in a treestand on his days off or waiting for the next wave of ducks to fly in, says all you need to know about our excitement for having him represent our brand," added Blackwell.

Favre has agreed to represent Remington in national advertising campaigns, retail promotions and special events such as industry trade shows and consumer sweepstakes hunts with his focus being on hunter safety, wildlife conservation and youth programs.

About Remington Arms Company, Inc.
Remington Arms Company, Inc., founded in 1816 and headquartered in Madison, N.C., designs, produces and sells sporting goods products for the hunting and shooting sports markets, as well as solutions to the military government and law enforcement markets. With plants and facilities in Ilion, NY, Lonoke, AR, Elizabethtown and Mayfield, KY, Remington is the only United States manufacturer of both firearms and ammunition products and one of the largest domestic producers of shotguns and rifles. The Company distributes its products throughout the U.S., and in more than 55 foreign countries. More information about the Company can be found at www.remington.com.
Get the latest Updates via Email from WisconsinOutdoor.com Click HERE
http://feeds.feedburner.com/wisconsinoutdoor/pVrb

Google
Web http://www.wisconsinoutdoor.com