Author Topic: Earn A Buck Program  (Read 2807 times)

Offline mudbrook

• Administrator
  • WiOutdoor.com
    • View Profile
    • WisconsinOutdoor.com
Earn A Buck Program
« on: March 29, 2007, 08:19:35 AM »
Earn A Buck Program to be expanded 21-35The Natural Resources Board approves an expansion of the contentious Earn a Buck Program for the fall deer hunt and a lead game manager says it's needed to keep cutting the herd down to size.

The board voted unanimously in approving the recommendation of the DNR to expand the program from 21 zones last year to 35 and impose it in all chronic wasting disease zones.

Earn a Buck requires hunters to kill an antlerless deer before they can take a buck.
Get the latest Updates via Email from WisconsinOutdoor.com Click HERE
http://feeds.feedburner.com/wisconsinoutdoor/pVrb

Offline Bukmastr

• Hunt like a BEAST huntingbeast.com
    • View Profile
Re: Earn A Buck Program
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 06:01:22 AM »
  Most good hardcore hunters would support EAB if the WDNR did it correctly instead of making it a fawn slauterfest...  EAB would be a great tool if #1 they en forced it after age 18... Allow the kids to learn how to hunt and grow there skills by actually being able to shoot a deer when it walks by!  I can already hear the complaining by some that there will be cheating going on, and some people will shoot bucks and have there kids tag em. I got news for you, nothing will stop those who cheat except getting busted, and ruining hunting and chasing kids away from hunting is not going to solve that.  Successfull kids stay involved.
  #2  Fawn bucks should NOT earn you anything!!!!  This was set up to reduce the number of deer by killing does that reproduce, NOT bucks...  We are encouraging hunters to kill fawns in an attempt to get there almighty buck tags. Its stagering to see the percentage of EAB tags that are given out for fawn bucks....  I am not saying anyong should be punished for shooting one... Just don't promote it by rewarding them with a buck tag.
  Every time they do EAB we find countless fawns and small does dumped in the ditchs across the area. That was stopped by promoting and bringing back the deer donation program. Now they took that away again. Expect the few low class hunters to start dumping again giveing hunters a huge black eye to the public. We need to reinstate that program if we are encouraging EAB... Alot of hunters would not bring a fawn home to show there family, but would kill it for the almighty tag.
  Another thing...  EAB is not needed every where it is being enforced, as a matter of fact, it is going to devistate my hunting area. I live right on Rome pond wildlife area in the CWD zone. They have already knocked the deer down to staggeringly low numbers here.. But they claim the population rose...  I moniter and keep track of the deer in my area by shining and filming them...  There are very few deer left on the public land. Another season of whacking every doe and fawn is going to have devistating effects on the herd.
  Its time more hunters stood up and fought the DNR's horrible manigment...
Dan Infalt
Big buck serial killer
www.HUNTINGBEAST.com

Google
Web http://www.wisconsinoutdoor.com