Return to WisconsinOutdoor Return to

Follow WO on Twitter

Enter your Email HERE for WO Forums:

Follow WO on Face Book

Author Topic: Minnesota Nonresidents must have ATV trail passes starting Jan. 1 (Released Dec  (Read 810 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline mudbrook

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6387
  • Karma: 6
    • View Profile
Nonresidents must have ATV trail passes starting Jan. 1

(Released December 28, 2009)

All-terrain vehicle (ATV) operators who are not Minnesota residents must possess a trail pass when driving on state or grant-in-aid trails beginning Jan. 1, when a new state law takes effect. The trail pass does not need to be displayed on the machine, but must be available for inspection when requested by an officer. The pass is required whether the machine is registered in Minnesota or another state.

Nonresidents do not need a pass if operating on a portion of an ATV trail that is owned by the person or the person?s spouse, child, or parent.

ATV operators can purchase one-year nonresident ATV trail passes ($21 new, $2.50 duplicate) through Minnesota?s Electronic License System (ELS). Nonresident passes can be purchased any of three ways:

    * Online go to file:///D:/DNR%20NEWS%202009/ and click on ?buy a license.?
    * By phone, call 888-665-4236 (1-MN-LICENSE) any time of day or night, seven days a week. All trail pass purchases can only be made by credit card. There is $3.50 convenience fee per transaction.
    * In person at nearly 1,800 ELS locations around the state. To find locations, visit or call the DNR Information Center at 651-296-6157 or 1-888-646-6367.
Get the latest Updates via Email from Click HERE