Author Topic: Kicked Off Public Land Opening Day!  (Read 1820 times)

Offline DBerg

• View Profile
Kicked Off Public Land Opening Day!
« on: November 26, 2007, 01:03:20 AM »
 ??? Ok I have been hunting Some public land since I was 12 years old. I am 29 now its in Juneau County. I on opening Day had a Juneau county forestry guy tell me I Couldnt hunt there it was closed to hunting! Well He was who he said he was and I believed him But asked him this why was there no signs posted prior to hunting and called the county forestry Dept. They said it was open to hunting and (I was caller 13th caller that day and the Dnr warden Named Webber also ) he was wrong in doing what he did and he was corected that Monday morning but he had ruined my opening day for 2007. What can I do? I also learned he left a phew hunters alone to hunt the rest of the Day there and later that After noon while looking for more public land to hunt there was his truck and the same hunters he left on the land where I was opening morning talking to him Hummm kinda funny they all knew each other! Anyone have any Ideas? what else to do? I can hunt there an just dont want that to happen agian next year to me or anyone else!

Offline mudbrook

• Administrator
  • WiOutdoor.com
    • View Profile
    • WisconsinOutdoor.com
Re: Kicked Off Public Land Opening Day!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 03:39:21 PM »
Did you ask for identification? This is not an unreasonable reguest.  I hope the DNR follows up on this. You should call them and make sure they are taking this event serious. 
Get the latest Updates via Email from WisconsinOutdoor.com Click HERE
http://feeds.feedburner.com/wisconsinoutdoor/pVrb

Offline DBerg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 04:37:15 PM »
Yes I Had my Twin bro on the ground asking him all the questions I was thinking and saying aloud from the tree stand whitch was a climber and I had a very hard time getting down fast cause I was so upset. The ratchet straps in the back was giving me trouble cause I was so upset. Plus I didnt wanna fall even with my safty belt attatched. And the Dnr warden did follow up on Monday morning with the complaint I had. the lady in the Forestry office got calls from warden Weber and a warden Supervisor and 11 other hunters he kicked out of that area on opening Day she told me and he was Corrected. My thought was what did we do (other hunters and I) that was so wrong that around like 8 am some uninformed county employie comes up and ruined my Opening day what I have spent thousands of Dollars on scouting and driving up to over the fall bow hunting just waiting for gun season to open up and one person like that can just say something with out any warning or anything that I have to go. If anyone knows anyother things I could have done that would be so helpfull too. this was my first time ever dealing with something like this! Hopefully my last!

Offline DBerg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 06:20:48 PM »
Yeah I was doing some thinking too for the future! What about the guys that are going hunting for spring turkeys Will he be up waiting for crow calls and owl hoots to zero in on those hunters too? I guess this is a bigger problem than he thought cause I have hunted in the past on county property for spring turkey and insted of blaze orange tree scouting opening day will he be walking into my decoy setups? I better give the warden another call in the mornig cause I never thought of all that I just had deer hunting on my brain cause of my spoiled opening day.

Google
Web http://www.wisconsinoutdoor.com