Author Topic: 51 INCH CHIPPEWA FLOWAGE MUSKY  (Read 11028 times)

Offline justanotherbuck

• View Profile
51 INCH CHIPPEWA FLOWAGE MUSKY
« on: September 19, 2007, 09:08:43 PM »
the whole story is in http://www.chippewaflowage.com or http://www.esoxhunter.com , it was on channel 7 news and many other interviews.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 09:30:33 AM by mudbrook »

Offline justanotherbuck

• View Profile
Re: 51 INCH CHIPPEWA FLOWAGE MUSKY
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 06:46:16 PM »
The picture made the Journal Sentinal and the outdoor gazette today, here is the whole story. My name is John Zychowicz, I live in Tigerton Wi. Here are some pictures of a musky I caught on the big Chippewa flowage 9/9/07 she was 51 inches 33 lbs., It was a long week for me. I work for the Heckles marina, so I don’t have a lot of time off. I took the week off to musky fish, the week started out bad. On Tuesday I was fishing a lake in Shawano county with my 11 year old son, we where on the water for 3 hours and seen no fish at all not even a bass . We decided to move to another spot on the lake that we know a area where a few nice fish are , on the third cast on this spot all the sudden the water flew, bang … we had one on.  I told Austin to get the net ready it’s a nice fish. I was fighting it for about eleven minutes we got it next to the boat. Austin tried landing it, when it was in the net the tally wacker got caught in the net, but the fish was not all the way in the net all the sudden it got crazy and she swam off , we estimated her between 45 to 47 inches long, we where both pretty up set, but that’s why its called fishing.   

We had this fishing trip coming up on the end of the week , things where not looking good yet,,,once we got to the big chip on Thursday we stayed at Siskos Resort, the family setup camp and after I set out to go musky hunting. It was starting to be long days stay with bucktails till Saturday afternoon. From Thursday evening to Saturday afternoon I only seen one fish, it was not looking good at all, so at 3 in the afternoon went back to the resort had some lunch and relaxed, it was getting dark and a front was moving thru it was 6:30. I decided to go to top water, I was in the cedar tops it was 8:00 at night  and just like that I got a real nice raise from a respectable fish, just like that my blood was pump all over again. At 8;30 I went back to camp, and told the wife I seen a nice fish. She said get up in the morning and go get him.

Sunday morning came around we got a late start we didn’t get out on the water till 9:00 in the morning my, dad said everything will be fine. Sunday morning was cold 55 degrees northwest wind blowing , my dad said either it will shut them down or turn them on , so right away we went back where I had the raise the night before ,we spent 30 minutes there and nothing,  so we pulled lines out of the water and moved to another part of the flowage that the mean depth is 8 feet and very weedy, we started on the north end of the lake and drifted with the wind, also casting the weed lines ,breaks, and island edges. We where 100 yards into the drift, I was still using top water, we were at a island point were the wind was pushing in , had another raise and It hit the bait and I could not stay with it, it was coming right towards the boat, I could not set the hook, then again the big goose egg. By this time I knew top water was the answer , dad had caught two bass off the same point. By this time it was about 10:15 in the morning we had gone two hundred yards, then we decided to go shallow because we had seen small pike feeding. Dad said it’s your call so I steered in shallow less than four feet deep, we had gone 200 yards and one bass. We went between two islands still shallow water, there where two   distinctive weed beds ahead of us , my dad and I started to cast towards them. On my dads fourth cast he hooked something as soon as his bait hit the water… the water flew. We seen the back part of the fish , I yelled it’s a hybrid , and a nice one too, I seen the fish once more, it was in the mid forty range, the fish ended up going in the weeds and he could not pull  it out, just like that it was gone. By this time we just could not believe it two fish in three hundred yard, and also it was 0/3. At this time we had to decide in staying shallow or go deep we stayed shallow. We had drifted another hundred yards no fish we went over a real shallow spot less then a foot,  we went around the island into a bay of three to for feet, I took a long cast with my top raider and half way back to the boat I seen a wake and the water… flew my rod went down.. . this time I hooked one.  It circled on top of the water, my dad seen it hit, and for few seconds it was on top , he says it’s a easy 4 footer, it had no were to go, it was in three feet of water, the hole time I was shaking real bad. I said dad this is worse than deer hunting, he said just fight it out, its not going any where, you got him, just take your time. We had a little problem getting her into the net , mainly because I was afraid that she would try everything to get out and she did, but we got her in the boat after I thru my rod  down and helped my dad get her over the side…..
Steve at Siskos did a great job wrapping her up for the trip home.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 02:14:23 PM by mudbrook »

Offline justanotherbuck

• View Profile
Re: 51 INCH CHIPPEWA FLOWAGE MUSKY
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 09:46:12 PM »
it is at lake-link go to angler page then to judy nuggent radio show then go to#238 LISTEN to the play by play action about the 51 inch musky
http://www.wisconsinoutdoor.com/mp3s/Show_238.mp3
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 09:36:45 AM by mudbrook »

Google
Web http://www.wisconsinoutdoor.com