Author Topic: Need help to select the best HVAC  (Read 3171 times)

Offline wagoner

• View Profile
Need help to select the best HVAC
« on: September 24, 2010, 06:24:10 AM »
This is my first home, I purchased it from the bank. The original HVAC and air handler was stolen. the under air size is 4800 SF and we have no blue print for the house to know the original AC system configurations. but something think it was 2 and 1/2 tons upstiar to feed the bed rooms and 5 tons downstair for the open floor, kitchen the area downstiars.
I want to get the best of the best in the market for long term investment. friend of mine suggested lennox as the lead in the HVAC market (I am not sure if there is better products or not). I check lennox and liked the idea of XP21 which gave me up to 21 SEER, and the variable fanspeed and solar ready system. but I faced a problem with lennox:
The certified techncian who gave me estimate stated in the proposal that 5 Tons will give me 16 SEER and the 3 Tons will gve me 18.5 SEER. I asked him how come lennox advertize up 21 SEER but you said 16 SEER? his response was that 5 Tons HVAC is too big to give 21 SEER and the SEER's decrease when the size tons increased.
That statement made me stop and rethink the whole deal and come here and ask you guys for help.Furnace Replacement
1-is it really lennox the best in the market
2-is it true that 5 Tons will not give 21 SEER due to large size?
3-are there any HVAC out there that can give 21 or more SEER even with 5 Tons?

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 01:46:46 AM by wagoner »

Google
Web http://www.wisconsinoutdoor.com